Spirit's End
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit's End

Forum for Spirit's End, a Call of Cthulhu LARP run in Cleveland, OH.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Even Judge Blushes During Suit Brought By Clubwoman

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ST Ashley
Storyteller
ST Ashley

Even Judge Blushes During Suit Brought By Clubwoman Empty
PostSubject: Even Judge Blushes During Suit Brought By Clubwoman   Even Judge Blushes During Suit Brought By Clubwoman Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:32 am

Arkham Beach. (May 21) Testimony in the separate maintenance suit brought by Mrs. James L. Baldwin, Oak Park clubwoman, against her husband, so embarrassed Judge Joseph Sabath, noted divorce court jurist, that today he was attempting to arrange a settlement.

The story which brought blushes to the jurist's cheeks and vain expostulations was Mrs. Baldwin's description of her husband's amorous advances to a pretty young nurse in a room of the hospital she heads.

Mrs. Baldwin said she watched the scene from the bathroom where she hid after her husband told her to "go find yourself a bridge game."

"His nurse, Miss Earleen Allen, started to give him. a sponge bath," Mrs. Baldwin said. "He told her, 'You know, I don't care for Mrs. Baldwin.'

"Then he reached up. put his arm around her, pulled her down and bit her neck. Miss Allen told him she would report him to the superintendent. But Mr. Baldwin, who was lying there on the bed told her, 'I am Mr. Baldwin. You can't start a scandal in this hospital. My wife is president.

"The nurse told him to finish his own bath and went over to the window. He groaned. She asked what was the matter. He said, 'I just can't help it, when a pretty girl is around me.' He told her to come over to the bed. As soon as she sat down, he kissed her. He said, "I'd like to buy you a wrist watch and some silk stockings for those beautiful legs."

"That was enough for me. I came in and asked him, 'Is this your Christianity?' He denied it all but the nurse said it was true."

Baldwin, who is president of a manufacturing concern, said he would bring evidence that he was victim of a 'frameup' by his wife.

Back to top Go down

Even Judge Blushes During Suit Brought By Clubwoman
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spirit's End :: In Character :: Arkham Beach Daily-
Jump to: