Spirit's End
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit's End

Forum for Spirit's End, a Call of Cthulhu LARP run in Cleveland, OH.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Group Tests

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonathan Masters

Jonathan Masters

Group Tests Empty
PostSubject: Group Tests   Group Tests Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:57 pm

So as I understand the system, each beneficial circumstance can provide a +1 bonus to a challenge. Such circumstances can include things you describe, or items you're carrying, or other people helping you. That last part is one way you can take part in a group challenge: "I'm going to search this room, Bob and Joe-Bob are helping me search."

There's also challenges that involve multiple targets working independently on the same thing. Maybe five people are trying to shoot the same person, or you've got two or more folk researching a library at the same time for a specific piece of info. Each of those people throw against the same target at the same time.

Unless I'm wrong, you can use either of these methods for the same type of action. The second method is far more preferable than the second one, though, because it has a higher chance of an automatic success (the more times you can throw for an action, the higher you're chances of getting a 5 on the throw).

My question is, would it be a good idea to limit group challenges to one method or the other? It seems to me that characters should have multiple means of achieving something, but players should not.
Back to top Go down
ST_Shane
Storyteller

Group Tests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Tests   Group Tests Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:34 pm

This is how I see it, if the group decides to pool together and throw one big chop for one big reward or you can decide to each throw individually for a higher chance of success but for smaller individual rewards.
Back to top Go down

Group Tests
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spirit's End :: Out of Character :: FACIS-
Jump to: