Spirit's End
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit's End

Forum for Spirit's End, a Call of Cthulhu LARP run in Cleveland, OH.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HP Lovecraft Quote.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HST Panda
Storyteller
HST Panda

HP Lovecraft Quote. Empty
PostSubject: HP Lovecraft Quote.   HP Lovecraft Quote. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:52 am

So if you read Lovecrafts stuff, especially "The Street" or "Horror at Redhook" you'll figure out hes kinda a racist prick. Kinda nice to see he stopped being a Jackass and called himself out for being a butt.

-Letter to Natalie H. Wooley (22 November 1934), in Selected Letters V, 1934-1937 edited by August Derleth and Donald Wandrei, p. 77-
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I used to be a hide-bound Tory simply for traditional and antiquarian reasons—and because I had never done any real thinking on civics and industry and the future. The depression—and its concomitant publicisation of industrial, financial, and governmental problems—jolted me out of my lethargy and led me to re-examine the facts of history in the light of unsentimental scientific analysis; and it was not long before I realised what an ass I had been. The liberals at whom I used to laugh were the ones who were right—for they were living in the present while I had been living in the past. They had been using science while I had been using romantic antiquarianism. At last I began to recognise something of the way in which capitalism works—always piling up concentrated wealth and impoverishing the bulk of the population until the strain becomes so intolerable as to force artificial reform."-HPL
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

HP Lovecraft Quote.
Page 1 of 1