Spirit's End
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit's End

Forum for Spirit's End, a Call of Cthulhu LARP run in Cleveland, OH.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Clinic

Go down 
+2
quincy
Dr. Kendra
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. Kendra

Dr. Kendra

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:14 am

Dr. Kendra set to taking a third of the rooms, and one of the bigger more open rooms, and making it into something of a Clinic for her own use. A total of six rooms with hospital beds and all needed accoutrements is established. A desk is placed in the more spacious and open room as a sort of sign in/out sheet. Anyone treated is signed in, either by themselves or by Kendra. This information goes into her records.

She keeps a close eye on her inventory of various supplies. Any medicines are not stored in the area. They are stored elsewhere. She and Beckard Lain have a key, as well as any Doctor that is part of the on call staff. She's also staked out one of the research rooms for herself, as she had plans to begin studies on hematology and other various areas. She needed space. Fliers are printed up, kept simple and to the point. The Clinic is open, and located at this place.
Back to top Go down
quincy

quincy

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Jack will come by and check the hours one evening before heading to the gym.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kendra

Dr. Kendra

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:29 pm

The redheaded Dr. is there. The doors are always open. This clinic does not close, though there is a skelton crew in the evenings. Kendra is typically one of the ones there in the evening.
Back to top Go down
quincy

quincy

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Seeing that it's open Jack will sign in duffle in hand "Evening Dr. mind checking out my blind spot i'm heading to throw a few at the bag so if you don't have time now i can come back when i'm done".
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kendra

Dr. Kendra

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Kendra looks up from her paperwork, reading glasses perched on her nose. She blinks owlishly, seemingly trying to clear her mind enough to process whatever it is that she's reading. "Hello, Jack. Yes, I can check out that eye." She stood from her seat somewhat stiffly, removing the reading glasses as she did so. They're folded, placed into the pocket on the white coat she wore.

"Come on into one of the rooms. How have you been this week?" She led the way down a hall, and into an examination room, motioning to the bed where Jack could sit. "Have a seat." The Doc is moving a little slower than she normally does, but is no less efficient and economical in her movements.
Back to top Go down
quincy

quincy

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 7:23 pm

Jack sits down were his shown and removes the rag covering the actual bandages. "Well the stinging isn't that bad but I still feel like i'm on a rocking ship half the time". He starts twidling his thumbs.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kendra

Dr. Kendra

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 1:12 am

Face wincing in sympathy for the man, Kendra shook her head. "I understand that. I'm going to take those bandages off, and unpack the guaze. From what I saw, it was a fairly clean wound, but the saline will likely still hurt. I'm sorry, very sorry, in advance. Do you need a mild painkiller while I do this? I don't know how much of the exposed nerve is still there, right now." She waits for his answer, doing as he wishes.

The doctor prepared a syringe, much like one would see for flushing out an ear. A santized bowl was filled with saline, slightly warmed so as not to shock the socket anymore than she had to. Any instruments she'd need, plus bandages and guaze are laid out in need order upon the tray. This is wheeled over to the bedside, along with an empty receptacle to catch the water she'd be flushing through the socket.

"I need you to lay down upon your side, chin tilted downward, as if you would touch your nose to the mattress, but the rest of you is remaining on your side." She tucked a towel over his neck, and alongside his face. She then tucked another around his nose, but not to suffocating point, merely placing it along the bridge of his nose. If he's taken the choice of a painkiller, she waits for this to kick in. She meets his good eye with her blue ones, gaze gentle and filled with sympathy. "I don't know how badly this will or will not hurt. Are you ready?"
Back to top Go down
quincy

quincy

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:50 am

No painkiller doctor. When all this is done I plan on hitting the gym for a little while and i don't want to be off my feet longer than needed.

Jack then complies with the doctors wishes trying his hardest not to show the true magnatude of the pain he is feeling during the cleaning.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kendra

Dr. Kendra

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:20 pm

Her blue eyes remain focused, all emotion fading from them. Her hands are steady as can be while she washes away any debris that may be inside the wound. With a bit of light, she peers into the socket, taking a look at how it's healing.

[Survey says, HST?]
Back to top Go down
HST Panda
Storyteller
HST Panda

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Its clean. The pain is minimal compared to some of the abuse Jack's been through.
Back to top Go down
quincy

quincy

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:48 pm

"So how does it look doc?" Jack appears to be getting restles sitting in the room.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kendra

Dr. Kendra

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:16 pm

Her voice is crisp as she admonishes the man. "Sit still. I'm poking around in your eye socket. I really don't want to slip." He might feel a bit like he was just scolded by his school mistress or his mother. "It looks clean. Are you feeling much pain? You're not showing much, but I need that gauge to know whether the occular nerve was cleanly pulled, and has withered, or if it's still live in there." The rinsing of the wound is done. She's begun packing the gauze inside it once more, carefully and cautiously.
Back to top Go down
quincy

quincy

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:36 pm

"Well I'm not sure how to guage it but I've been hurt worse than this". After the Doc finishes packing the wound Jack moves his head from side to side. " Feels much better. When do I need to have it cleaned out again?"

Jack will wait for a reply before heading off the the gym, unless the doc has more for him.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kendra

Dr. Kendra

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:53 pm

She places a bandage over the wound. "Do not fight any live opponents. Try not to bump the wound or get it wet. It's healing just fine, but taking any shots to the eye are ill advised." Her tone is dry. As he moves to hurry along, she holds up her hand, again with that voice. "Hold it. I'm not finished. Sit." She begins packing gauze into a small bag, along with the bandages she'd used to cover it.

"If it begins to ache, over the counter aspirin should do to take the pain down. Clean it out daily. Wash your hands before doing so, use clean, boiled water let to cool after it has boiled for two minutes. Repack with this gauze. Come see me in a week. It seems to be healing just fine. It'll be a couple of weeks before I'd suggest getting anything to put into the socket. If you start experiencing strong pain, the wound begins leaking a grey, green or yellowish fluid, or you notice anything odd, come back and see me. Do not wait." Her blue eyes met his with strict seriousness. "Deal? Be careful, Mr. Conoway. Who knows what's lurking out there in the night."
Back to top Go down
quincy

quincy

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:08 pm

"Will do, Doc" Jack hurries out the door, bouncing off the left side of the door jam "Sorry, I'm fine. Did I break it?" never stopping for a response.
Back to top Go down
Sampson Stillwater

Sampson Stillwater

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:58 am

*Sampson is brought in babbling in Apache and obviously not well. Black ooze is coming from his mouth and he is clutching his stomach.*
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kendra

Dr. Kendra

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:57 am

Kendra drops the clipboard she has in her hand. She immediately snaps out the order to keep him on his side. She keeps two assistants with her to do her fetching and carrying, but doesn't really care to allow either to treat the Apache.

She begins checking his vitals, including his pulse and heartrate. And then tries to ascertain the best way to treat this mess.
Back to top Go down
ST Jen
Storyteller
ST Jen

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:05 pm

His pulse (though shallow) and heart rate are racing. The bile smelled of death and elder berries and is as thick as cold maple syrup. There is some bruising in the shape of a very large hand on his face and neck. The gibberish that he is speaking suggests that his is delusional and/or hallucinating.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kendra

Dr. Kendra

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:28 pm

((Gimme a clue as to what I should do to help this. Amber thought of crushing charcoal, just in case he's swallowed some of the ichor. Also using one of the utensils to clean his mouth out, after taking a sample of it. Elder berries, I'm going to guess, are highly toxic, so that'll be a double down on the charcoal. Is there any known treatment for that sort of poison?))
Back to top Go down
ST_Shane
Storyteller

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:29 pm

On closer examination of the ichor you find pieces of what appear to be spider legs. The charcoal would be a good start and possibly looking into a treatment for spider venom.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kendra

Dr. Kendra

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:32 pm

((Thank you, thank you.))

The Doc proceeds to administer crushed charcoal in an attempt to soak up any sort of poison that might be in the man's stomach. She swabs out his mouth, telling her assistants to quickly get that to the lab, and have someone begin the research on spider venom. The other, she instructs to find any and all information already had about spider venom and it's treatment.

She looks to see if she can find a bite wound on the inside of his mouth once the ichor is cleared. ((Are there any sort of pharmaceuticals at this time to slow a racing heart?))
Back to top Go down
Sampson Stillwater

Sampson Stillwater

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:44 pm

((So I can react better can someone describe my hallucinations?))
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kendra

Dr. Kendra

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:55 pm

Kendra directly addresses Sampson, leaning over him so he can see her face. "Sampson. Sampson..I need you to tell me what the spider looked like. Or who you were with when this happened. I need that to treat you. Can you focus for me? Tell me what happened" Beta blockers are distributed. He is hooked up to an IV. The Doctor sends assistents to the library to bring back texts on arachnids and the varying species.

((I plan to do some research, to see what species are indigenous. Each time a spider has made an appearance in the Club Meeting spot, have they had the same sort of features. I've seen the spiders that linger around Leann and Sampson pretty closely. I'll also be seraching for a type of spider that would make the sort of webs the Doctor encountered in the Forest. Just to keep you informed, Jen))
Back to top Go down
ST Jen
Storyteller
ST Jen

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:25 pm

((Sorry for the delay, there have been some big things come up in RL that have Shane tied up. He will get to this asap.))
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kendra

Dr. Kendra

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:28 pm

((No problem, lady. I gots patience. I'm good at it. Figured I'd let you know. Doc will, once again, be in her Clinic this Saturday, but Amber has BK during the day Saturday, and then going to Jonathan's party that night.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Clinic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clinic   The Clinic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Clinic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spirit's End :: East Miskatonic University :: Harwedel Hall-
Jump to: